Grand Banks invented the recreational trawler over 60 years ago and has set the standard ever since. Their most successful design, the 42 Classic, reached its pinnacle in the 1990’s with the wide body version.
Welcome aboard ORCA, a 1992 GB Classic, lovingly maintained for the past 22 years and boathouse-kept for the past eleven by its present owner. From the large entertainment-oriented flying bridge to the custom chef’s galley and the immaculate brightwork, she is one of a kind!
Refinished teak decks, crystal clear Strataglass upper windows, custom mast and davit and low engine hours add to her uniqueness. A huge auxiliary fridge/freezer and 2000-amp hours of house battery provide ultimate flexibility for both cruising and gunk-holing.
ORCA is a vessel that any boater would be proud to own.
Orca ranks among the most comfortable trawlers in her class using spacious accommodations warming the heart with gorgeous teak joinery bathed in windows providing natural lighting. She is full of stylish details and character in the accommodations using well-built teak cabinets, hanging lockers and drawers. Accommodations include an owner’s aft stateroom with queen berth, private shower and head, forward stateroom with a large V-berth, a forward head and shower.
Master Aft Stateroom
- Queen size walk-around berth with a comfortable mattress and storage underneath.
- Large working desk with drawers, cabinet and stool; the desk could support a television or computer and is a very functional piece of furniture.
- 2 large hanging lockers and dressers on each side of the berth for plenty of storage.
- Opening hatch with screen for companion way giving natural air flow, light and easy access to the cockpit.
- Convenient night stands on each side of queen berth and two reading lights above berth for quiet nights reading in the stateroom.
- Windows with screens surrounding the stateroom for ventilation with curtains for privacy.
- Beautiful custom area rug to fit the entire size of this space to provide warmth on your feet.
- Comfortable foam V-berth for guests with drawers underneath.
- An infill cushion for the V-berth converts it from twin berths to a double berth to accommodate different guests.
- Large, deep teak hanging locker for storage and clothes.
- 2 opening windows with screens and an opening hatch above with screen giving this stateroom fresh breezes and sunlight.
- Beautiful custom area rug to fit the entire size of this space.
Master Stateroom Head
- Vacuflush toilet with a waste tank monitor.
- Functional vanity with storage underneath and a molded top with sink and Gattoni faucet.
- Tall mirror with teak trim and teak towel rack.
- Opposite to the head is a fully enclosed shower stall with a teak grate and opening window with screen.
- Vacuflush toilet.
- Shower head with wrap-around curtain and the sole is covered with a teak grate with a discharge pump.
- Vanity and teak cabinets above and below with molded top and sink with a Gattoni faucet.
- Large mirror with teak trim and opening window with screen.
Salon and Inside Helm
In 1991, Grand Banks redesigned the hull of all of their 42-footers, expanding the width by creating more expansive and bright living quarters. If you want to cruise in comfort and performance, wait until you see this great space that will enhance your experience. Featured with panoramic windows and classical furnishings, which makes this space highly usable giving an irreplaceable living room feel, and you will not miss any breath-taking views while underway.
- Large and open salon with warm teak throughout the salon and classic teak parquet sole.
- The windows surrounding the salon give natural light and air flow (6 opening windows with screens).
- The windows have both sliding fabric curtains and blinds behind the attractive teak valance for privacy.
- Opening doors on both port and starboard side of salon giving quick access to the decks.
- Comfortable L-shaped settee covered with excellent quality fabric and leather trim with storage below.
- Across, is an inline settee with storage below that has a filler to convert to a single berth for extra guests, and in addition, two matching chairs for additional seating in the salon.
- A stunning large teak pedestal table for entertaining with in-counter center storage for magazines and coasters.
- The table also has a folding leaf on both sides expanding the table size for more company.
- Beautiful teak grab bar runs the length of the salon and galley deckhead for safety while underway.
- Superior sound quality for listening to music with the Bose sound system and sub-woofer wired in.
- Stylish built in teak bar with bottle and glass storage, and a U-Line Automatic ice maker is great for entertaining.
- A striking 30” wooden wheel for cruising from the inside helm.
- Equipped with full engine instrumentation, controls and electronics (see navigation equipment).
- New wipers with window washing fluid for the forward windows for clear visibility at the helm during rainfall.
- The helm seat has a vinyl covered cushion with three drawers underneath.
- Hynautic hydraulic engine controls giving very smooth gear shifting.
This is a chef’s dream, open to the salon allowing the chef to be a part of the entertainment while preparing those gourmet meals. With the in-counter fridge/freezer and propane stove and oven, the chef will have no problem serving up whole-hearted hospitality to family and friends.
- Efficient and easy to move around this custom L-shaped galley.
- Ample teak cabinetry and drawers for storage of dishes, glasses and utensils.
- Large working space on fiddled Corian countertops incorporating the large molded sink with a Friedrich Grohe faucet.
- There is in-counter access to the Grunert refrigerator and freezer system, as well as front access to the refrigerator and access to the freezer from the salon.
- For cooking there is a Force 10 3-burner propane stove with an oven and a General Electric microwave.
- There is an exhaust fan fitted in the deckhead above the stove for ventilation.
- Large opening window with screen to look out while cooking underway and allow more ventilation through the galley.
Engine Space and Mechanical
The engine space is located under the salon and can be accessed from the salon sole and forward stateroom under the steps. This space is in near spotless condition and has a comfortable space to work within. Access to service all equipment is very simple.
- Powered with twin diesel Caterpillar 3116TA engines with 300hp each (2760 hours).
- Fresh water cooling by heat exchangers and raw water through sea strainers.
- 8 KW Onan Generator secured inside a sound insulated box.
- Both engines and the generator have block heaters for easier starting in cold weather.
- Trim Tabs and 12-volt Wesmar side bow thruster.
On deck, the varnish work glistens, the stainless steel is clean and polished, and the boat bristles with TLC. Orca has wide walk around teak decks allowing the ease for docking and adjusting fenders. The cockpit is huge and another great place to relax and entertain.
- All of the decking (main deck, top of aft-cabin and flybridge deck) are covered with beautiful teak planking that is in excellent condition.
- The transom has a full teak swim grid with steps on transom to easily access the cockpit.
- A teak splash guard above the waterline to help prevent water coming up onto the decks while underway.
- The main deck is fully surrounded with supporting hand rails with teak caps and stainless-steel stantions.
- Access gates are provided mid ship as well as the center transom to the swim grid from the cockpit for ease of boarding.
- Attractive cockpit for lounging and watching sunsets while at anchor or docked.
- Salt water anchor wash down at the bow.
- Hot/cold water shower at the cockpit.
This is one on the most popular places on Orca to socialize especially at all the Grand Banks Rendezvous. The bridge is a great place to lounge and enjoy the elevated vistas of your anchorage or underway while taking you to your favorite destinations.
- This space is unlimited with comfort for entertaining and cruising with a large fridge/freezer, could easily entertain 10 guests at the bridge.
- Hynautic engine controls with hydraulic steering at the helm, very smooth control.
- All navigation systems are at the helm (see navigation equipment).
- There is a large custom solid teak table that slides off the factory coffee table underneath, which is great when entertaining extra company.
- The hi-lo pedestal can be lowered to coffee table height and to seat height.
- There is a radar reflector and search light with remote providing two motion speeds and a wide pointing range.
- Superior Bose speakers for outside audio which are connected to the amplifier in the salon.
- Full Bimini over the bridge with 7 Strataglass windows from Rainier Boat Windows that can be unzipped or unsnapped for removal.
- Canvas covers for: all rails, transom, companionway, all Lexan windows and all seating.
All navigation equipment and instruments are at arm’s reach from the inside Captain’s helm seat and up at the flybridge. All navigation lights, equipment and instruments are ready to go and get you to your destination safely.
- Icom VHF radio – Model IC-M602 with DSC (flybridge).
- Icom VHF radio – Model IC-M604 with DSC (lower helm).
- Combi multi gage – Model IS20 (flybridge and lower helm).
- 2 digital Simrad wind monitors (flybridge and lower helm).
- Furuno radar – Model 1830 (lower helm).
- Simrad autopilot – Model AP24 (flybridge and lower helm).
- Viewsonic display monitor – Model UP1716 (upper helm).
- 6” Rayline search light with remote to helm.
- 2 AiPhone intercom (flybridge and lower helm).
- VDO rudder angle (flybridge and lower helm).
- Floscan fuel monitor (one for each engine).
- 2 flood lights (secured on mast spreader facing aft deck).
- Heart battery monitor – Model Link 2000.
- 3 wipers for windows with window wash.
- 3 defrost fans (lower helm).
With diesel heat throughout Orca you are able to maintain comfort in all weather. On top of that, you have a water maker that produces 25 gallons per hour so you will never have to worry about running out of water and heat while cruising.
- Force 10 3-burner propane stove with an oven.
- Upgraded Grunert compressor drives large fridge and freezer in galley.
- Diesel Espar cabin heater with 7 vents throughout.
- Broan garbage compactor.
- Gemline fridge/freezer at flybridge.
- U-Line Automatic ice maker.
- General Electric microwave.
- Torrid hot water heater 30 gallons.
- Magma stainless-steel BBQ off aft-deck.
The house battery bank has a capacity of 2000-amp hours, so you don’t have to worry about your electrical needs not being met.
- 16 6-volt Trojan T145 house batteries (2000-amp hours).
- 1 4D heavy duty start battery for the main engines.
- 1 12-volt heavy duty battery for the Genset.
- 2 50-Amp shore-power connection for bow and stern.
- 50-amp and 30-amp shore power cords with adaptors.
- 2800-watt Magnum Energy inverter/charger (Model MS2812).
- Heart Interface Link 2000 battery monitor.
- Tank Tender tank monitor (5 stations: 2 fuel and 3 fresh water).
Dinghy Package and Ground Tackle
With the dinghy and ground tackle package you will be able to safely go ashore for supplies, run errands or simply go for a rip around with the 15hp motor.
- 10’ Walker Bay dinghy (Model Genesis).
- Dinghy Davit is operated by a wired remote control.
- 4 stroke 15 HP Honda outboard.
- Delta 60lb anchor and spare Fortress FX37 anchor.
- There is 250’ of 3/8” chain, marked at 10’ lengths.
- Lofrans Tigress windlass 1000 watts 12 Volts with up and down foot pedals and remote.
- Duel bow rollers.