1988 Lord Nelson 49 Victory Tug
Designed by James Backus, Lord Nelson Victory Tug is truly a sea worthy vessel. They have a workboat profile with its tall bow and rounded stern, but they keep their attraction with beautiful lines. If you’re looking for a vessel with beauty, strength and safety, then look no further.
Welcome Aboard Manito
When stepping aboard, the first impression is the impressive finish and woodwork. The interior is highlighted with teak and holly sole throughout. The space and ease to move around is outstanding with her wide beam and tall headroom. When it comes to safety, the full ballasted keel gives directional and righting stability far beyond that of comparable vessels. All this is powered by a single Cummins 6BTA 225 hp and a 35 hp Perkins wing engine. In addition, she has Wesmar active stabilizers to make passage making and cruising an enjoyable journey. Manito is new to the market and ready for her new owner to create new memories.
Manito ranks among the most comfortable trawlers in her class using spacious accommodations warming the heart with gorgeous teak joinery bathed in windows providing natural lighting. She is full of stylish details and character throughout the accommodations using well-built teak cabinets, hanging lockers and drawers. Accommodations include an owner’s stateroom mid ship with a queen berth, private shower and head, forward stateroom with an oversized berth and a private head and a shower; in addition, there is a day head and a washer and dryer.
- Queen size walk-around berth with comfortable memory foam mattress.
- Make-up table with storage drawers and a mirror above, two built in chairs with cushions (one positioned in front of make-up table and one opposite); in addition, there is a tall wall mirror.
- 3 stainless-steel port lights surrounding stateroom allowing natural light in.
- Sufficient storage throughout stateroom: under berth storage, two hanging lockers, book shelves, TV cabinet with media storage.
- Easy and convenient engine room access.
- Tell-tale compass above the berth.
Master Stateroom Head
- Private manual Jabsco head and a full-size shower stall.
- Fiddled countertop with molded in stainless steel sink.
- Stainless-steel port light for ventilation and natural light.
- Vanity with storage and a mirror above.
- Oversized berth with comfortable mattress.
- Stainless-steel port light and opening hatch above berth allowing natural light and air flow in.
- Lots of storage: hanging locker, book shelf, under berth storage.
- Comfortable built in chair with cushion.
Guest Stateroom Head and Day Head
- Guest stateroom has a manual head and the day head is electric.
- Shower faucet in guest stateroom head giving guests privacy.
- Fiddled countertop with molded in stainless-steel sink in guest stateroom head.
- Quietline washer and dryer in the day head.
- Wall vanity with fiddled countertop and molded in stainless-steel sink in day head.
- Stainless-steel port lights in both heads.
If you want an excellent performing vessel that is loaded with comfort, wait until you see this huge salon that will enhance your experience. Featured with windows throughout and classical furnishings, which makes this space highly usable giving an irreplaceable living room feel, and you will not miss any breath-taking views while underway.
- Comfortable leather L-shaped settee (converts to a double berth) on port side, facing leather love seat on starboard creating a pleasant socializing area.
- Beautiful folding teak table that can lower.
- 6’6” headroom with teak grab bars running the length of the salon liner.
- Stunning tall teak cabinet on starboard, providing storage; wine/bottle cabinet on port side with additional storage below.
- Lots of lighting and opening windows giving the salon natural light and air flow; curtains on all windows for privacy and/or to block sunlight.
- 2 gorgeous cedar bar stools for additional seating and enjoying meals at the galley.
This is a chef’s dream, open to the salon allowing the chef to be a part of the entertainment while preparing those gourmet meals. With the in-counter fridge/freezer and propane stove and oven, the chef will have no problem serving up whole-hearted hospitality to family and friends.
- Safe, efficient and easy to move around this U-shaped galley.
- Ample teak cabinetry for dishes, glasses, utensils and food storage for longer cruises.
- Large workspace on fiddled countertops.
- Double, deep stainless-steel sink with faucet.
- In counter access to refrigerator and freezer, as well as front access.
- There is an opening window for ventilation above the stove top.
- For cooking, there is a Mariner Oven with a propane 4-burner stove top, and a Goldstar microwave.
When walking forward up a few steps you enter the Captain’s quarters. This space is remarkably comfortable and functional. With four large windows at the helm, visibility is excellent and two solid teak doors to easily access the decks when needed and to communicate with deck hands or for even better visibility. The helm is equipped with all navigation and safety equipment.
- A huge, bright area with lots of windows and lighting.
- Comfortable U-shaped settee aft of the helm for family and friends to join the Captain while underway; storage drawers on both sides of settee.
- Beautiful fiddled granite table on a pedestal positioned in the middle of the settee.
- Comfortable Captain’s chair while underway with an opening hatch above.
- Twin lever Morse controls for Cummins engine (twin station), single lever Morse controls for Perkins engine (twin station).
- Work space/desk for charts and supplies in the quarters.
- Captain’s berth positioned aft, converts to a double that is 78” long.
Engine Space and Machinery
The engine space is easily accessed from the salon and/or the master stateroom. The engine space is clean and well-lit making it easy to work in. All equipment is easily accessed making the space a comfortable place to work in.
- Main power (single): 6BTA Cummins diesel engine, 225 hp, 3600 hours.
- Fresh water cooled.
- Direct drive transmission with twin lever Morse Controls twin station.
- Bronze 4 blade Right Hand 28” diameter propeller with 2.25” shaft.
- Dual Racor filters with fuel polishing and transfer system.
- Site tubes for fuel tanks.
- Auxiliary power: Perkins diesel, 35 hp, 1350 hours.
- Fresh water cooled.
- Direct drive transmission with single lever Morse control twin station.
- Bronze 3 blade 16” variable pitch with strut.
- Northern Lights Generator 8 Kw.
- Fresh water cooling.
- 1536 hours.
- Wesmar Electronic Gyro stabilizer (hydraulic).
- Wesmar bow thruster.
- Large Espar diesel forced air heater 12V DC.
- Fireboy USCG Compliant Halon fire suppression system in bilge with control and warning at pilothouse.
Deck Space/Bridge and Ground Tackle
Boarding is very convenient with gunnel doors on port and starboard and once aboard, Manito has wide walk around teak decks allowing the ease for docking and adjusting fenders. The cockpit is huge and another great place to relax and entertain; also, you enter the salon from the cockpit through double teak side doors. The pilot house bridge is located forward up stairs from the cockpit.
- The main deck is fully surrounded with supporting stainless-steel hand rails.
- 9 stainless-steel cleats through hawse pipes for mooring lines.
- Raw water wash down forward and aft.
- Fresh water washdown on transom.
- Mast with aluminum boom and electric winch for launching dinghy at bridge.
- VHF antenna, GPS antenna, radar dome and all engine controls at bridge.
- Main anchors: Two Forfjord 8 – Port side 40 Kg with 375’ 3/8” chain and starboard 36 Kg with 75’ chain and 250’ line.
- Both anchors go through hawse pipes with rollers through deck with stainless-steel bow plates.
- Windlass: Port side – Maxwell 2500 windlass with gypsy and drum and starboard – Lewmar chain gypsy, foot pedals and controls at the helm.
- Marinetek depth sounder (inside pilothouse) and Standard Horizon depth sounder (bridge).
- Lowrance HDS 10 sounder/GPS/plotter with radar overlay (inside pilothouse).
- Standard Horizon GX1500S VHF radio with AIS (inside pilothouse).
- 6” Ritchie Compass (inside pilothouse).
- Simrad AP24 autopilot with rudder angle display (inside pilothouse).
- Hough Seattle Rudder indicator (bridge).
- Newmar Phone-Com intercom throughout the vessel.
- Spotlight (located at bridge) remote controlled from pilothouse.
- Magnum MS2012 100-amp inverter/charger.
- All new AGM batteries secured in battery boxes.
- Stereo, radio and iPod dock in salon with multiple speakers throughout the vessel.
- Twin inlets: one 30 amp and one 50 amp with 50’ cords each.
The dinghy is in fixed blocks on upper deck above salon. The mast with aluminum boom and winch load and retrieves the dinghy.
- Ocean Air hard shell aluminum bottom dinghy.
- 9 hp Suzuki outboard.